Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Maling Teriak Maling!

So yeah, some people may have noticed that I’m bisexual. And I don’t really care if they already knew, as long as they don’t misuse the information. Though I can’t guarantee they will do fair enough in this case.

Thanks for mr chocolate who has been, with one of his posts, kindly enough to indirectly remind me of this interesting story that has happened while my blog was on hiatus. I’ll just write them now while waiting for the rain to stop outside (I don’t bring an umbrella T.T)

One of my gay friends is very paranoid of being noticed as gay, even by other gay people. Cos he traumatized that the guy will spread the rumors of him being gay and people will run away in scare (because as I have written once in this blog several months ago, some of straight people thinks that gay is CONTAGIOUS). It’s just funny when you see this bad guy smsing him once
“Hahahah, I know that you’re gay, and your name is XXX XXX, and you stay at XXX XXX, so what do you think I will do?”

The only thing that came through my mind at that time was “So what??” You see, the position is him being gay but he still treats others for being gay. Or in Indonesian term, it’s like jeruk makan jeruk, right? It’s not like I suggest that every gay people should be friends with each other; that will be impossible like once in a blue moon. But at least have some respect for others, man! It’s everyone’s own decision for come out or not to come out, and you don’t have the right to treat him like that. Do you guys reckon the term hate crime? Yeah, by treating someone like that, that bad guy is being a homophobic prick, but it is even worse because he is actually homosexual himself. At least don't say, "Dia kan gay! Kasian ya!" when you are actually gay yourself. So low.

I’ve noticed it for quite some time that MANY OF gay people in Indonesia is often have that particular characteristic. I even met such people myself. But yes, I haven't heard such cases happened from other countries. Hmmm...

No comments: