Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Professional Behavior


Working in the field means that you are more exposed to vast variety of people. And the more you work along with them, the more you can draw a line and read their characters so you will automatically adapt to them and get the most out of them.
If you have ever worked with Indonesian worker, my friend, you will realize that there is one thing common about them all. Sometimes they cannot just differ professional and personal life.
Like this morning, one of my crews spoke to a contractor worker in the company where I work in now. He was just telling the contractor worker nicely (call him Tiko from now), how to do certain kind of work much more safely and suddenly this Tike bursted out in outrage, yelling on how he's always blamed for things and ranting on how he just wants to work for a living here.
Aiyaa.... He got PMS or what???!!
First, my crew just spoke nicely. Second, what he told Tiko was for his own safety while working. And why suddenly Tiko bursted out like that? Only God and him knows why. Tiko might felt that he was attacking him personally instead of helping him to cope up with the pace of work safely.
I mean, I hate it when faced people with inability to discuss in polite and educated manner, cannot differ which is personal and which is professional. Most of the time this kind of people will burst out and calling for help from their friends around. A trait that I have already realised ever since I was a small kid and faced out with whole group of less educated people.

And sadly working in the field also means that I will face this more and more.
And in my opinion, that's why my friend, Indonesian workers are more prone to get abused while working abroad.

No comments: