Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dubai Dubai


Here I am, again waiting my night flight in B-town airport. I dunno why but I always have some kind of creative urge in the airport, haha...

This is my last day working for the company though, was feeling a bit mellow throughout the morning, but everyone has to move on, right?

Anyway, I am going to Dubai earlier next month, wondering what kind of gay scene does the city offer. I was browsing my way through Google last night, trying to get some more information about Dubai and the gay scene. But oh man... It was written in some site that "homosexuality is considered a serious offense to law and can be severely punished up to 10 years in prison".

I was like, "Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?"

Then I wondered why the job trip is in one of the Arab countries. Not US or Europe instead. I will be so much happier.

Actually there are still places that are considered gay-friendly there, but who knows? There might be possibilities that cute guy right there across the bar is a police officer in disguise. You never know. And I'd rather not trying to know, lol.

I mean, 10 years in prison is bad enough, even without the whole hullabaloo that will surely happen along with the reason of imprisonment.

Imagine it on Sunday newspaper headline...

 

Headline "Mr XXX is caught red-handed conducting allegedly homosexual activity" swirling around my head.

And you're doomed. And you cannot ask help from Indonesian embassy there. And not to mention the whole humiliation thing your family will have to go through. Urgh..

*in the Indonesian Embassy*

Me: "Pak, please help my case. I am under 10 years imprisonment threat."

Mr. Ambassador: "All right my child, as fellow Indonesian and our beloved country's ambassador, I will try to help with all my might. Now tell me what all of this is about.

Me: "I was caught red-handed cruising for guys at the gay bar."

Mr. Ambassador: "..............." *gasp in disbelief*

Awkward, no? That G word usually really does the trick, haha.

Behave Chris, behave...

 

3 comments:

erikmarangga said...

I read about that G things in Arabian country in a very nice book written by Valiant Budi; Negeri 1001 mimpi. have u read it?

++ Chris ++ said...

Ooo, I know that book, but haven't yet read it. But wow, thanks for recommending Mas Erik, I will buy that book before I leave :D

erikmarangga said...

My Pleasure chris. And please don't call me Mas. I'm not a javanese:)