Saturday, May 19, 2012

Who Moved My Cheese?

After all the contemplations that I went through this past few months, I finally decided to move from my workplace. It's not without much hesitation that I took the decision, as this company has been part of my life for the last 3 and a half years.

Sometimes, people just have to break out of the comfort zone to search for a new "cheese". By saying cheese I am referring to Spencer Johnson's book, Who Moved My Cheese. A book about change management and how to deal with changes.

My boss asked me to wait, as there are some BIG changes that are about to happen in the next few weeks. That management is currently working on something to the benefit of all employees (Yeah, like what? Giving away free ice creams every Monday?). He added, that this may seems coincidental, changes are about to occur right after I submitted my resignation letter, but he hoped that I might rethink about my decision.

Well, but when I asked him about what kind of BIG surprise he has in store for us, his answers were just vague. I don't buy it. And he didn't speak that confidently like how I remember he usually speaks to us. These guys were just faking it to save their own ass.

Tell you what, in any organization like this, BIG changes are not gonna happen overnight. It needs commitment and continuous effort from every part of the company.

Here goes saying that if ever a relationship becomes too painful, you need to get out of it, as you might find another relationship but never another you. And I think, my relationship with this madhouse company has reached the limit where it hurts, thus I decided to leave.

Good bye, I guess..

No comments: