Friday, October 27, 2006

Another Mind Elaborating Conversation

Releasing my mind from the thought of being deceived (and risks of bankruptcy), I went to Taman Anggrek Mall with a bunch of friends yesterday. Maybe because it’s the 2nd day of Lebaran, the amusement places like Dunia Fantasi (Ancol Jakarta Bay City), Taman Mini, and zoos crowded with people from all over the country. Taman Anggrek wasn’t an exception. Especially that was because the Turkey Festival hullabaloo and (infected by the joy of Lebaran) great discount from branded products, such as Giordano, the Executives, and so many more. Even Terry Palmer bedcover gave discount up to 50%. Well, well….really makes you ‘laper mata’ just to see them all.

Yeah, I was the first to come, so I waited in the Gramedia bookstore. Browsing for books while at the same time looking for gay guys beneath my gaydar, as usual (thanks to my futile searching for love). There were cute guy over there, gave subtle signals to me, looking at me from the top of the book he read at times (“Hellooo cutie”*wink wink*).
That moment could’ve turned into an introduction or a chit-chat session had my friends yet to come. Sigh, apparently, he isn’t destined for me, since my friends came and ruin the entire ambience. *sob sob*

Anyway, what I want to write today is what I’ve discussed wif my friends during our lunch session on the Platinum resto.
My friend, Jim, have just recently discovered that one of his best friends in uni is actually gay. And of course, like any homophobe will do, he restrains himself not to close with that ‘homo friend’ of his anymore. Jim said that he’s scared that ‘si homo’ might like him more than just friend.
Well, I just laughed out loud when Jim told me this. Haha, if he only knew that right beside him there’s a queer guy laughing. Jim also told me convincingly (as if he were a professional in this gay psycho-social thingie and we were a bunch of elementary students not knowing anything; he was sure that we didn’t know anything about gay world, yea yea yea*mocking laugh*) that there’s a term to call those homo people, that is “BELOK”. Ha?! Being gay guy, I’ve never heard such name before, even in gay-to-gay conversation. He must’ve derived it himself. Of course, once more I laughed out loud. I believe that he derived that term from these terms,

Heterosexual guy = Straight (in Indonesian means “lurus”)
Homosexual guy = Not Straight (in Indonesian literally means “belok”)

It’s sooo amazing how straight people think that they comprehend about GLBT thingie.
Moreover, being gay doesn’t mean that we would like all men. We do choose who we like. Apparently many people still think that if you gay, you like ALL men (my friend Jim, for instance).

Gay = Love men
Love men = Picking any man in front of you
So if you gay = You’ll love any man in front of ye no matter who he is

Helloooo *knock knock*, we do have feelings, ye know? Not all about lust.


Then another friend of mine, Lia, plunged herself into this hot conversation.
“Yep, one of my friends in dorm also gay lor… I didn’t notice at all, since he’s a nerdy type, with fat body, brown skin, and so fond of computer thingie. He didn’t give even any subtle gay impression. Then one day, he told me that he was quarrelling with his boyfriend (who was surprisingly 10 years younger). Geeezzzzzzz. Every male species in my dorm was like, ‘What??? OMG, could he also have a crush on me??! Noooo.’ And everyone suddenly looked for a new dorm and moved away. Can’t blame them, though”

Hm hm hmmmm, those homophobe pricks… But I won’t criticize them today. I want to highlight part of what Lia saying that she didn’t notice that his friend’s gay at all, since he’s a nerdy type, with fat body, brown skin, and so fond of computer thingie. Yah, I can say that most people have images of a gay guy as guy with a bit queeny behavior and matching head-to-toe apparel, of course with that fondness of skin care, spa, manicure-pedicure, and other girl things in mind. I can say that sometimes this definition is valid. But from what I see, most of gay people nowadays show absolutely-straight-behavior. You wouldn’t believe that someone’s gay unless he told you himself. And what’s with that thought that if you’re gay you shouldn’t into that computer stuff?? It is dead wrong….

I myself love that computer thingie so much since I was in junior high school back then. Not only with that computer stuff, I also great with that electronic devices lor…
Here’s I list few things I like other than that:

  1. COMPUTER GAMES: strategy (DotA, Age of Mythology), sport (FIFA World Cup), fighting (you name it), and many more.
  2. SPORTS: Swimming, ice-skating (yeah, it’s quite queeny, kekeke), bowling, and baseball.
  3. TV-SERIES: Scrubs, L.O.S.T, One Tree Hill (quite gay, yea), Queer as Folks (it’s GAY, I know), Will and Grace (it’s a sit-com, so I didn’t count it as a gay one), Friends, and many more.
  4. MUSIC: I don’t like Village People’s YMCA or another so-called gay songs :-/
    I like Chinese songs, like JJLin, Jay Chou, Wang Lee Hom, Jocie Guo, Sam Lee (Lee Sheng Jie), and David Tao. I also like t.A.T.U, Kevin Covais (American Idol Season 5), McFly, and Jesse McCartney.

Am I queeny?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm prolly as gay as u are, except for the fact that I like more rock songs. :) And dude, TATU is so GHEY... eh wait, there are two girls making out.. it's ghey, but they attract straight guys...urh so it's a 'belok yang lurus'?

:P

++ Chris ++ said...

Ahaha, yep yep, TATU is sooooo GHEY. Eh, have you heard their song which entitled "Malchick Gay"? Can't stop listen to it these days, kekeke. It's about lesbian girls (them) try chasing gay men :-/ Nah, itu memang 'belok yang lurus' :p