Thursday, November 09, 2006

Movie Review

Continuing my study-procrastinate chronicles, I watched TWO movies yesterday. I bought them since about one month ago though, but rarely had time to watch them. Although this time is no different (I supposedly don’t have time to watch them), but still. Augh, naughty me.

Yeah, I watched Over the Hedge and Monster House. Quite late, yea, and also quite childish because they’re all animation movies, but still, I love animation.

Monster House
From the title itself you should’ve figured what it’s about. Three kids: DJ (Mitchel Musso), Chowder (Sam Lerner), and Jenny (Spencer Locke) discover that the house across the street from DJ's is alive. It eats anything that goes on its property. They try to convince the babysitter (Maggie Gyllenhaal), the police, and some weirdo named Skull (Jon Heder). They try to unravel the mystery of the house and they have to go inside to find that the house is haunted by superfat woman’s ghost (voiced by Kathleen Turner).

From the ‘gembar-gembor’ and all, I thought this film is interesting. But after I watched it myself, yeah, I say it’s really average la. Not giving that much excitement.

Over the Hedge
Traveling raccoon con artist, RJ (Willis), arrives in a woods outside a human city in the Midwest, excited about the wonders that living near humans can bring hungry animals. What he finds, however, is an Amish-like community that is deathly afraid of humans, after their leader, Vern the tortoise (Shandling), has an encounter with human boys that terrifies him. Encouraged by RJ, however, the animals slowly venture over the hedge that separates them from the brand new suburban development that appeared over the winter while they were sleeping, and what RJ shows them is a whole new world where humans leave tin cans full of fish and other food in big canisters, ripe for the taking. As they get closer and closer to humans, however, their comfortable lives in the woods appears to be threatened...

Wow wow, that’s what I call GREAT. Really, it was like, the best animation I’ve ever seen. Uncomplicated plot, cute characters (See those lil’ hedgehogs, so cuuuteee) amazing graphics, and incredible voice act, all those are mingling in this movie. I’m soooo going to watch it again. Recommended to watch. Now I wonder, do they sell the stuffed characters?? If they do, I’ll buy it for sure^^

4 comments:

++ Chris ++ said...

No, no they also sell new ones, but it's just me who always late watching new films, haha. Yea, aren't they great? Btw, cibe, have you watched "Open Seasons" yet?

Anonymous said...

You're another one to say OTH is pretty good.

That's it - I'm gonna check it out.

P/S: BTW, they DO sell the stuffed toys. I've seen it. =)

Anonymous said...

open seasons ah... doesnt looks nice deh. flushed away is better.

from koala express

++ Chris ++ said...

sam: Owh yea?? Buy buy buy!

koala: Owh, I haven't heard about Flushed Away yet, geez, they always late here in Indo..