Saturday, November 04, 2006

'Tante-tante' Chat

I have known that ‘this’ will come eventually.
Ever since I read it on my fellow bloggers’ post about such things, I knew that this will happen.
And finally, ‘this’ happens to me.

Yesterday, some of my relatives and my Ma’s friends did some gathering on my house. As usual, when all those ‘tante-tante’ gather around, chatter and laugh spread around the house. About their children, about who’s marrying who, about divorce, about artist’s latest gossip, and more…
It really was my fault for coming home in this wrong situation. Blame me also for entered through the main door since all the ‘tante-tante’ gathers around there on guest room.

And when I entered the house, everyone was like turning head onto me.
Everyone started to said to me this innocently,
“Wahhhh lil’ Chris is so big now. Do you have a girlfriend, honey???*chatter chatter chatter*

And I tried to smile decorously (which was just looked like a smirk) and answered timidly,
“Umm, no..”

Then my Ma would just reply,
“Ah, don’t tease my son la… Right now he’s too busy on his study. He never thought about such thing la.” *chuckle softly*

And then of course it continued with,
“Aww, he’s so dashing. I can’t believe he doesn’t have one.”*chuckle chuckle*

If only I could say this, “Yeah, right, a girlfriend. That exactly what a gay guy expects.” *soft laugh*
But noooo, everyone would knocked unconscious had I dare enough to say that. Instead, I just said,
“Hehe, thanks for your kudos, Mrs. R. Now, if you all don’t mind, I would take a bath ya. Excuse me.” *soft smile once again*

“Waw, he’s such a well-mannered guy also, how sweet….” Geez

And I also know that it would come one day when everyone start to ask me,
“Ah, you’re an adult now. When will you get married?? Where’s your girlfriend?? Bring her here sometimes, so we could know how she looks like. ”

That’s why I better keep myself away from my Ma’s friends and my relatives. Oh, well…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate those questions? =P

++ Chris ++ said...

Owhhhh, you can imagine it ^^
Geezzz :p

Anonymous said...

I've been asked before... LOL! =P

++ Chris ++ said...

Yea, can't believe how careless they are for asking such sensitive question, kekeke...