Monday, May 22, 2006

Annoying Intruder

Since two weeks ago, I’ve been receiving missed calls from this unknown number, +62813-xxxx-xxxx. At the beginning, I’ve tried to neglect those calls, but…as time goes by, it feels so annoying. You know, it’s kinda like a stalker, always following you around but you can’t get rid of it.
Even I’ve tried to answer those calls, but if I pick the calls, he dropped it. I said “he” here because from the beginning, I knew that my stalker is a guy. Then I called him few days ago, tried to ask him what his intention is for calling me. Here, I write my conversation with him as well.
“Wei, who’s this?”
“Halo, it’s me, D.”
“And who are you, D?”
“Umm, we’ve chat in the IRC not long ago. You gave me your number there.”
Funny, since I’ve NEVER gave my mobile phone number in ANY conversation in IRC, especially to first-chat guy. I’ve started to figure out his motive.
Then I asked him, “Okay, so…?”
“Are you studyin’ right now?”
“Ya.” Hm hm hm.
“Where?”
“University of course, not in kindergarten.”
“Hehe, I know. How old are you?”
“19.”
“Do you mind if I’m much older than you? I’m 25.” As if I would do sumthin with that :-/
“No, sure not. Why should I mind about that?”
“Can you send me your pic?” Why should I?
“No, I didn’t save my pic on my mobile phone.” And I meant it.
“Well, can we meet?” Haha, nice try. Common.
“Ow, I’m sorry, but I can’t, I’m very busy lately.”
“Then would you mind if sometimes we meet?”
As a well-mannered person, I didn’t say “Nop, bye. You’re wasting my time, and also my phone credit.” But I said,
“Okay, sometimes, call ye later. Cu.” Thought the prob was over.

How wrong I was. Maybe he felt that I gave him a green light by called him that night. Yes, those annoying missed calls are decreased, but he’s still an annoying guy,
Few days after, he sent me a short message,
##Hello, can you call me at this number? +622x-xxxx-xxxx. This is my friend’s phone. Thank you. Ditunggu lohh * ##
Heee??!! Who does he think he is? You’re the one who need me, right? So why should I call you? I was amazed. What a decorous man he is, isn’t he?
I was with Ed at the moment. When I showed that message and tell Ed who that D guy is, he said,
“Euww, what a loser. Where did you know that man?”
“Dunno, he said I gave him my number on IRC, but I didn’t do that, for sure.”
“Hmm, it’s odd. Here, let me check the number on my mobile phone.”
“Here.”
*Ed checking that number*
“I don’t know this number either.”
“Okay, I’ll give the last reply to him.”
Once again, as a well-mannered person, literally, I replied,
## I’m sorry but I can’t call you, my phone credit has reached the limit.##

Then he replied,
##That’s what I mean. This is a local number, so you can call me from a public phone center. I’m waiting.##
Yuck! How could is there such a guy like this…. He’s getting my last nerves.
Calmly, I reached my mobile phone
*press the power switch*, and turned it off.


* Ditunggu lohh : An Indonesian phrase, means “I’m waiting rite now. So you SHOULD call me ASAP. Once again, I’m waiting, so don’t be slow.”

No comments: