Friday, May 12, 2006

Cold War

Wah, I’m so sorry for the lack of posting recently due to my activity rush. Whoa, exams almost everyday and assignments were falling like rain. Fuiih, and now I finally have few days to recover my strength, haha. Anyway, that’s not I want to share with you today.
I forgot, have I ever told ya about my dejecting dorm mate? For simplicity, I will mention him as Ad here (since that is his initial). Day after day, that stupid guy makes me dislike him even more. Recent incident started about few days ago, when I received a short message from one of my friend, telling me about an extra-lecture-for-preparing-yourself-before-test tomorrow. As usual, I forwarded that message to my friend network.
In case you don’t know, sometimes in my college, we (students) spread quick and short information (such as information about extra lecture or canceled lecture) via the SMS network; we make a message-chain through each student so that every student will get the notification shortly.
Later on the same day he came, and we did a lil’ chat, but I didn’t mention about that extra lecture, though, since I thought he would get that notification from that network too (he is on the lower level of the network than me, so practically he would get that message after me).
The day after that, I went to the college earlier, still I didn’t mention about that extra lecture to him because I thought he has known about that. When I was going through the door he asked me,
“Chrisss, where are ya goin’?”
With no thinking at all I answered, “As usual, to the Computation Laboratory…”
*picking my stuff and tying my shoes*
I didn’t lie; I was going to that place, indeed, before going to that extra lecture.
“OK, cu”
Then I leaved.

At the time of the lecture, he came, with a resentful expression on his face.
He talked, “Heh, Cs, when did ya know about this extra lecture?”
“Hmm, since yesterday evening. Why?”
“And WHY DON’T YOU TELL ME?” he said stressfully on that part of sentences.
And with THAT ANNOYING SMIRK on her face. Hate him when he does that. Is it a must (to have a disgusting smirk like that) ?
Still didn’t get the whole prob, I answered,
“Well, I have forwarded the note via the network, Ad. Didn’t ye get it?”
“NO!” What a sweet answer isn’t it?
“I’m sorry; I didn’t think that the chain would break. I thought you have known.”
*mutes*
So I thought the prob was finished at that point.

When I arrived at the dorm that evening, I found him at the center table, studying like crazy, like sky is going to fall or what if he didn’t do so (if only you can see how…I’m sure that you will agree with what I’ve said). Tried to make conversation, I asked,
“I’m really sorry about recent, so how did you know about the lecture then?”
“From Fan” (Fan is my friend too, he lives nearby).
I started to reckon that his tone was kinda harsh. So I didn’t talk much then.

One day after that, without said anything, he left while I was preparing to go to the college. Usually we go together. So as the day after. He left just like that.
And since that we rarely talked to each other. Even though few times we talked, all the conversation was just like,
“Do you need that stuff?”
“No, take it.”
Or
“I’m eating.”
“OK.”
Silly, isn’t it? Mad just because such little thing. Maybe he thinks that I did it on purpose. So that he couldn’t come to the lecture. Ad, maybe you should do a brainwash first. You have been my dorm mate for almost two years lor. How could you think that I have such bad intention on you? Moreover, it’s not like I would get benefits from your absence.
Don’t say that I didn’t try to solve it from the beginning. Oh well, you started it. You finish it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never mind person like tat.. coz he didnt forward the message to me either.. He is just the perfect example for someone who acts improper all the time yet he doesnt know what he is doing.. God, please have mercy on his soul.