Sunday, May 14, 2006

Night Cuisines

Tonight I and Ty are going to cook for our dinner. Wait, have I told ya before that Ty is my another dorm mate beside that stupid A? Huhhh can’t imagine live just with that stupid guy; luckily Ty with me.
Well, since we don’t have enough ingredients for making complicated cooking, we just going to make oyster-sauced-corned-beef and oyster-and-tomato-sauced-mackerel, haha. Simple, isn’t it? All we need is just:
For oyster-sauced-corned-beef:
A can of corned beef, as the main ingredient.
Sliced tomato. Just for a bit sour taste.
Oyster sauce, of course. We use a new product from Aji-No-Moto (dunno if I spell it right or wrong).
Egg, just one.
Half glass of water.
Black pepper, because we like hot and spicy food.
Salt, just a bit.
Margarine or vegetable oil for cooking.

For oyster-and-tomato-sauced-mackerel:
Few pieces of mackerel. In our case, we use canned fish for simplicity.
Sliced tomato (again), haha. We love tomato.
Oyster sauce, as I mentioned above.
Half glass of water.
Vegetable oil.

The procedure is just as simple as the ingredients:
1. We pour the vegetable oil into the pan and heat it for a minute or so.
2. After the oil heated well, we plunge the tomato slices and cook it for a while until wilted.
3. Pour the oyster sauce and continuing cook until it smells good.
4. We plunge the other ingredients; add a tiny-winy-bitty salt, pepper or other spices as you wish and stir well.
5. Wait and stir it for a few minutes until the water get drained a bit. I said a bit! Not too long or your cooking will be scorched (in case you follow our recipe).
Voila, our cooking is ready.
Hmmmm, 好吃 (hao chi - delicious) lho. Pity us, I can’t show you the picture here because my camera was broken :-p

No comments: