Friday, May 26, 2006

The Da Vinci Code: Decoded

Okay, broke the promise I made yesterday, that I wouldn’t watch Da Vinci Code on the cinema. But it just can’t be helped since Marc asked me to accompany him.
Wait, don’t get a misunderstanding readers, he’s not my hope-soon-to-be-boyfriend; he’s just my friend from my university. He is taking different major of engineering. Actually we didn’t really close back then; he was more like say-hi-when-you-meet friend, haha (don’t want to be harsh, really). We were getting close recently thanks to the Yahoo! Messenger sessions we’ve been through. About two weeks ago, I told him that I should take one more final exam because my lecturer made a really unfair scoring system so that my grade was also affected, huhu…. He (refers to Marc) gave me a really good advice and a support so that I could get through to that extra final exam. And since that we’ve been pretty close. And when tonight he asked me to accompany him, I practically said yes with no further thinking, lol. Then at 7.00 pm we headed toward Braga City Walk, a new mall in my town.
Okay, let me tell you my opinion of that film:
That film was totally BAD, yes, with capital B-A and D. Really bad. I said this with no intention to compare the film with the book itself. Yah, you know, like Harry Potter for instance, where the film is not like what you imagine when you read the book, but it was fine coz the plot is good and so so. But Da Vinci the movie is really different. Not only the director changed the ending of the story and the actor’s lacking of emotion, but the plot is also linear, really boring. Yawn… I could hardly wait it over, really. I don’t recommend you to watch it. Maybe that’s why Yahoo! Movie gave that movie a C- score. Hmm, at least I learned something today, “Trust Yahoo! Movie’s advice. Read it before wasting two and a half hour in the cinema like I did today.”

No comments: