Thursday, May 25, 2006

DVD Rental Guy

Not far from my dorm, there’s this new DVD rental place which Ty recommends. So last Sunday after we went to the church I asked Ty to accompany me there. I just wanted to buy, or maybe rent some DVDs. You know, refresh my mind before getting into that study-before-test thing.
While we arrived there, the rental was still closed. It said that it would open at 10.00 am sharp. Nah now still 9.45, we have 15 minutes to wait.
Chit-chat with Ty about a book we read the night before. Do you know Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki? Sure you know, this is one book which is said to be a marketing-guru masterpiece. No, I don’t want to review that book rite now. The book which we read is John T. Reed’s Analysis of Robert T. Kiyosaki’s Book Rich Dad Poor Dad by John T. Reed. In this book, Reed tries to prove the inconsistency and how wrong Rich Dad Poor Dad is. That Kiyosaki is a big liar and just a manipulator. That he was just got rich because of that book, not because he is a marketing-guru as he said. I must say, I do have same thought as Reed does, even before I read his book.
Whops, let’s back to the main story. At 10.00 am sharp, we heard the sound of a motor engine, someone has arrived, and it was the rental’s owner.
He got down from his motorcycle and detached his helmet. And when I saw him, I was speechless. Man, he is gorgeous. Well maybe not that gorgeous, but still he is adequate. I presumed he was on his 27 or 28. He’s just too gorgeous to be straight, haha. But I knew that he really is, cos I didn’t feel that ‘something’ feeling on him.
Then he opened the door for us and we (me, Ty, and him) entered the rental. While I browsed through the shelf looking for DVDs, sometimes I took a peek on him. Whoa, he was cute. Cool and calm.
Yah, after I got the DVDs I got to the counter and paid the fee. Didn’t forget to take a peek once more on him. Haha, I’m not that ‘gatel*’ kind of guy, I did it just for fun. You know the term ‘do see only but not touch’? Nah it represents me well :p

*gatel = Indonesian term, means ‘bitchy, sluttish or coquettish’

No comments: