Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Once, Ed and I concluded that one characteristic of gay men is their fondness to the mirror. That every time a gay man meets a mirror, wherever it is, he will have an urge to see his reflection, at least once. The thing is no different with me, I like to see my reflections on a mirror (a big one especially, lol) and make sure that I don’t get mis-‘apparel’ or mis-‘hair’ that day. Yah, for me, mirror is one of the greatest inventions of the humankind, haha.

There’s this one hunk in my major building (we share our building with other major in our uni) who I like to see. He’s somehow stylish and dashing, have a proportional body and face, but unfortunately, with a well-tanned skin (which I don’t really like, hehe). Ya, for simplicity, in this post I will call him HUNKY. Every time HUNKY passes, I would like turn-my-head and take peeks on him surreptitiously. Part of it because I'm not really sure that he’s actually gay (I just suspected him). And part of it of course, because I don’t want to attract the attention from others when I see him through.

Long story short, few days ago in the morning, when I stood on the hallway (where he usually passes) wanna get to the bath room. Someone suddenly talk loudly,

“Woi, see your reflection on that mirror AGAIN?? Gosh, you always do that.”

And you might guessed who I saw stood-in-front-of-the-mirror-on-the-other-side-of-the-hallway-with-that-cute-shy-smile, well of course, it was HUNKY. Busted! I was like laughing out loudly to myself that time. Well, one more evidence found.*grin*


And this is happened just yesterday…

As usual, I passed on a mirror at the hallway near the bathroom, and being coquettish, I stand in front of that mirror and started to admire my self reflection, hehehe. And of course, being too full of myself till I didn’t see anything around me, I didn’t see there’s someone, bent near the bathroom’s door, tied his shoe. While I was still admiring my-own-narcisstic-self, that guy leaned and then stood up, of course, he saw me. And guess what?! That guy was HUNKY. OMG.

There we were, standing there awkwardly, he saw me (he kinda surprised) and I saw him (I really surprised!). Well well well, one good chance to ruin my cool image, and it happened in front of HIM. Awwwhhh. And then I, felt too ashamed, walked away without saying anything.

When I told Ed about this in the afternoon, he said,

“Yahh, why didn’t you smile and then introduce yourself to him?? It was a really good chance!”

Yah, after I think about it, I must admit ED’S RIGHT! Awhh, why didn’t I ask him who his name is? Silly me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call it frozen at the spur of the moment. :P

-Live Long & Prosper

Anonymous said...

you'll get your chance nxt time

Anonymous said...

lol i quite narcist also.. that is y i had the biggest mirror in my room among my family members ahah! I bought the Ikea wardrobe that use mirror as the door! Then I can view my whole body!

++ Chris ++ said...

defiant: Hehehe...

kyle: Yep, seems so... He seems develop a liking to 'mondar-mandir' at the hallway these days ;)

famezgay: Yay! Another narcistic mirror lover...*hugz*

Anonymous said...

O_O I think now I understand why I like looking in the mirror so much.