Monday, September 11, 2006

So Hateful – Part One

I never mentioned it before that I hate someone in my dorm. The name’s San. From the first time I saw him I got this weird feeling that some time I’d get a ‘clash’ with him. I’m not trying to bitching about him here though. Just want to express my feeling that how I dislike him so.

[Case 1: Bad Deed]
It all started about one and half year ago, that I reckoned that this guy is ‘unique’, but in a bad way. That time I’ve just recovered from smallpox (ughhh, I hate just to remember about this disease). Of course there were traces of the disease on my face. So I went to a dermatologist at J-town to get facial and my face skin peeled (you won’t believe what my Ma said the first time she saw me after I recovered from the sick, “OMG, how could your face be that horrid???? Let’s go to the dermatologist!! Now!”). And of course, when I went back to my dorm, my treatment still went on. You must have known la how the peeled face skin looks like: a bit flushy and so flawless. So does San. He knew I still had my face peeled.

So one day, we had this little argument in class, involving San’s girlfriend Rin. I didn’t say something offending them or what and suddenly San said harshly,
“Oh, just go and peel-off your whole skin lah!!! Until your face’s flat, if it necessary.”
WHAT????!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it before that this guy is emotional and sensitive about other’s words, so I’ve been speaking decorously and calmly every time I talk to him. I’ve been trying not to make a problem with him because I thought he’s my friend. Is this what I get for my patience and respect?? You know, if you do put a respect on someone of course you’d expect the same kind of behavior from him, don’t you? He does expect me to respect him. At least I’d expect him to do the same, right? But no, forget the rules! Instead of taking care of his words as I do, he talks on his own selfish mind, doesn’t care about what other’s feels.

[Case 2: Greedy + Stingy]
You wouldn’t believe what I will say in this section. Everytime we eat our breakfast (yes, we get breakfast in our dorm) he would always take the biggest portion shamelessly (When I say big, I mean it. It really is BIG.). He said “Have your breakfast like a king, lunch like a common-people, and dinner like a slave”. What aphorism is that?? I’ve never heard such an aphorism before. But instead, I think the actual reason is that the breakfast is free (“gratis”), while lunch and dinner are not that cheap. So he just eats as much as he can in the morning and can spend less money on lunch and dinner. Every time we have celebration (birthday, graduation, etc) he always take the food as much as possible and drink the most expensive liquor. I remember what my Ma said about this kind of person, it is called ‘aji-mumpung’, which means: take advantage from others every time they get a chance. Yuck!

Not only for the food, has he also always tried to compete with me in getting much projects and attention from the lecturer in our uni (because we’re both in same major and same year). Every time I get some project or what from the lecturer, he would always try to get the bigger one and leave me behind. Never let something pass in front of him without him knowing or trying to know, if I may say.

To be continued…

No comments: