Friday, August 18, 2006

Mini Bamboo Bonsai

Anyway, I had a chit chat with my Ma today. I told her that I get bored in my dorm, cos there’s nothing to do there. Playing computer games, or surfing on the net (which I usually do) is not much of a help. So I planned to buy a pet, maybe a cute hamster, a tarantula, a cute lil’ snake, or a turtle. But my Ma said,

“Eeeek NO, I won’t let you raise those things. You know the reasons. End of discussion.”

Anyway, I listed the reasons why my Ma never let me have a pet:

  1. Hamster: It’s SMELLY. Beside, it needs continuous attention. You must replace its dunno-what-it-should-be-called wood flakes everyday. What a bacteria’s habitat it is.
  2. Tarantula: What?????!!! You’re going to have tarantula?? Think if it loose from the aquarium! That would be a big problem!
  3. Mini snake: ….*silent*
  4. Dog: You CAN’T have a dog in a dorm. Even if it’s a cute little Chihuahua like Paris Hilton’s.
  5. Fish: You’ll end up neglecting your fish. And in a long holiday, who will give’em food?
  6. Cat: Its fur spread around. And it generates toxoplasmic disease. (Yah, I hate cats myself, so of course I won’t pick them as my pet).
  7. Turtle: It gives you bad luck to raise turtle. Your life will progress as slow as turtle if you raise them.

Yah, after all those, nothing left from me. I’m giving up on having a pet. My lil’ brother suggested me to assembling those miniature kits or puzzles instead. But I just like assembling, not keeping them. All I usually do after I assemble them is throwing them cos I don’t have enough space in my dorm to keep them. The same goes with puzzles. After I have it completed I dunno what to do next.

And then suddenly my Ma came, giving me this mini-Bamboo bonsai and tell me to keep them as my pet.
“It doesn’t give you too much problem to deal with, does it?” my Ma said.

This is said to be “Lucky Bamboo Bonsai” which gives the owner prosperity and luck. I thanked my Ma for giving me this bonsai. It’s cute, doesn’t need too much attention, yet keep me accompanied in my dorm well. I’ll wait for it to bloom (yes, it really can bloom) and spread its life scent for me. Haha, naïve me.

2 comments:

Harvey said...

Take good care of your pet. Lol, keeping a plant as a pet. That's new.

++ Chris ++ said...

Kekekeke, yah, never win an argument with my Ma lah harvey. How are u there in Aussie? Eh, in which part of Aussie do you stay?