Friday, August 18, 2006

My Hateful Cousin

Every family sure has its own problems. My family is not an exception. Even if you read my blog and think my family as a trouble-free one, happily living together and so, but the truth isn’t that sweet.
In fact, except my Pa, Ma, and my brothers, I don’t really know whether I can call them family or not.

One of the cases….
Few days ago, my cousin D came to my house at 2:00 in the MORNING. As I thought, he was drunk. Taking somebody’s car with him and asked my Ma to give him money. Not for the first time. You know, it wouldn’t be much problem if he could use that money wisely. But as usual, he spends all the money to gamble here and there, throwing them all uselessly. That night, my Pa insisted him to sleep-over at my house, rather than driving home drunk and get an accident or what.
Why should he become such a burden? It’s my question that remains unanswered. Can’t he even think that it’s not easy to earn money? He keep asking and asking money from us as if we have a money tree.
My Pa and Ma are way too soft on him I think. They would usually give him what he wanted and let this hateful circle repeated back. My Pa forbid me for hating my cousin, even it’s so hard to do so. My Pa said, even he is so shameless and become such a burden, he is still a part of our family that we couldn’t escape. Gosh, but still, I feel uneasy on my cousin no matter what.

Not just my cousin, I do have many more stories that I even can’t write them all here cos it’s too embarrassing and would bring our disgraces out open.

I don’t want to whimper or sigh, but it can’t be helped. I feel sorry for you to read this on my blog, but that’s who I am. Please give me power to move forward and face it.

2 comments:

Kihu said...

duhz.. my parents will still help them in this case but they willt tell us to get as far from them so that our next generation would not suffer from this kind of relatives ahaha!

++ Chris ++ said...

kyle: Ya, it may be like that. But you know, some time it's just hard for me to see him do what he wants everytime he feels like it. Geez, I really can't understand why there is someone like him...

famezgay: Ah, you're rite famez. Maybe I'll just do that to him. Get away from him as soon as possible (maybe move to another country :-/). So that some time in the future he won't intrude my family again.