Friday, June 23, 2006

Brokeback Mountain



Yesterday I just watched the famous “Brokeback Mountain” the DVD. Kinda late, eh?

I rarely got the right occasion watching this movie though. Usually if I was going to watch, any friend of mine would just come, ruin my chance. Nah, here’s my comment after watching it:

SHIT!!! I hate this movie…!!! I hate Annie Proulx for making story ending like that!! Shit!! Why didn’t she make this story ended happily???!!!? Should you made it like this, Annie?? Should you?? Damn!!

After few hours…

I just couldn’t get enough cursing till I could barely write this post at last. But still, damn it! I just hate the sad (read: suck!) ending story, you know, when everything was settled well and perfect, then they just stupidly put some miseries as a spoof (by making someone dead, for instance). Especially in this film, why should they kill Jack that way? Why don’t they let Jack and Ennis together and live happily ever after? (I guess there’s no need to tell you the plot here ya; you must have watched it after all.)

Anyway, despite my anger to the plot-maker, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal I think were perfectly matched together. Their acting as gay couple also awesome (or they weren’t acting at that time?? I wish, lol). They also cast Anne Hathaway from those Princess Diary movies who also played perfectly as Jack’s (Gyllenhaal)’s wife. And of course, we can’t forget Michelle Williams from the Dawson’s Creek as Ennis (Ledger)’s wife. Bravo Ang Lee!!

Stupid Proulx!!!

P.S.: I heard that after the making of this film, Ledger and Williams were married lho. Yah, at least I know Gyllenhaal is still single la, haha, just jokin’ guys, jokin’.

4 comments:

famezgay said...

hahaha.. well it actually depicts the truth behind the gay life at those times.. where after all they can't get what they really want..

savante said...

Well, not all gay stories end up happily ever after unfortunately :(

Paul

++ Chris ++ said...

Ceusm & Paul:
Yea, I thought at least in the movie they would make it a happy ending, since they rarely get it in real world. I just realized how hard it was to be gay in the late '60 (although it's also not easy now, hehe).

Ganymede said...

The movie reminds me of Bishonen. Same sort of ending happened... :(