Monday, June 19, 2006

Ting Tong ... A Time For Trivia Quiz

Few days ago, a friend of mine brought these topics to our discussion:

When was the first time you realized that you’re gay?

Well of course, the one who brought this topic is also gay, lol.

Hemmm, I myself dunno precisely the time I realized my gayness, haha. Maybe when I was a toddler?? Coz I could remember that when I was in kindergarten I have developed a liking for male, though. Even though me, as a kid in that age, didn’t know about gay or lesbian but I knew it for sure that I like men more than women, lol.

Do You Have Any Reason to Be Gay?

I think you could conclude the answer for this question from my previous answer. I don’t have any particular reason. Oh, what a silly question I think; I didn’t choose to be gay or straight, cos I couldn’t, d ya understand that, my sweet friend?

Some people believe that gay is genetic. Actually I myself do believe that a little: That if someone in your family is gay, usually there also another gay in dat family. I’ve barely proved it, you know.

Case study: My old friend Al is gay and (just we both know) his uncle is also gay.

I am gay (I admit it once more) and my cousin, Dre is also gay.

Maybe not your close relatives, as long as in your family tree, there also possibilities of gayness =) But this theory is just in my mind, you don’t have to believe it, though. It hasn’t yet proven scientifically.

Some other people believe that gay child is a product of a family in which Mother (practically, a woman) are a dominating person.

Nope! Of course I can easily break that silly theory. For the-one-who-made-that-silly-theory to know, my family isn’t like that. I do have happy family where my Dad is a dominant person. I love my Dad; I love my Mom, both at the same capacity.

My conclusion: This theory is WRONG for my case, with the capital W-R-O-N, and G.

In a magazine I read a long time ago, there’s this article: Gay: a Cool Lifestyle

Heee?!? Are the guys who make that stupid article insane? They got it all wrong! They made it sounded like people just following the trend to be gay. Oow, I know, it’s just like you choose to buy a Banana Republic cool coat you like and after you bored then you buy Esprit one. Sigh, how naïve (read: stupid) the writers are :-/

Me, for instance, is naturally gay (bisexual, duh). I didn’t follow my gay friend, okay. Haizzzz, no further comment about it la.

“Have I ever regretted in my life that I am gay?”

Then my friend asked me that, at last.

Of course I have. Once. Or maybe twice. I cried at those times. It was really hard for me (and I do believe it also hard for some other gay people, not just me).

“Why did God make me like this?” is one question I used to ask to myself at those times.

But then I realized that God is also love gay people. If he doesn’t love us, why did he make some gay men between all those so-called straight people? It must be for a good reason, isn’t it? And now I just go with it. Then I thought nothing wrong with me for being gay.

Well, actually I kinda quote it from what Emmet said in one episode of Queer as Folk*. Have you ever watched it? It’s really good lho. I recommend you to watch it, especially for one who just realizes his ‘difference’, if you know what I mean. LOL.

Okay, that’s the summary of what we have discussed at that time. Haha, I think it is needed to discuss things like this sometimes. I didn’t write his name here, cos he asked me to.

My special note for him: My friend, I don’t think anonymity is a proper way, since you didn’t do anything to be ashamed of. Well, if you still insist…=)

*Queer as Folks: A ShowCase TV Drama (American) about Pittsburgh’s gay people life.

6 comments:

famezgay said...

Well we are gay because we are born to it.. No reasons for it..

Everytime I come out with a fren, surely they will ask me why? ahaha.. then i will said god's will uhmnnn

Anyway GAY IS NOT COOL.. We r just normal person as others.. huh..

++ Chris ++ said...

Yea, apparently some people came with those wrong ideas about gay.
Even I heard about this organization whose purpose is to “CURE” gay people. *wobble wobble*
Lol, curing gay......; one of the best jokes I’ve heard ever.
No wonder what they will do to “CURE” us ya.

Ganymede said...

I think those questions are also asked by us gays as well. I remember asking them when I early in my self discovery but never regret finding out myself is gay. I'm not a person to regret over things really. :P

Proud being GAY~~~

Harvey said...

I think there's a difference between being gay and bisexual. Are you sexually attracted to the women too? I agree that it's impossible to "cure" a gay. Gays existed. We are what we are.

Harvey said...

Oops, correction: Gays existed primordially.

++ Chris ++ said...

I used to sexually attract to women (I guess, lol) but now... I don't think so.
Hemmm some other time I'll bring this topic I read from a health magz. It said that we’re all human are supposed to be bisexual since we were born. Kinda interesting though =)