Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Absolute Embodiment of the Word “Chaos”

Here in Indonesia, we do have many gay celebrities. Either discreet ones, or those who flaunting their own self as gay (i.e.: By wearing some kind of jumpsuit with sequins cover its entire surface while his face is decorated with so thick of cosmetics that even make those drag queens scream in panic. Believe me, they got the word “I’M GAY” stamped on their foreheads).

Nah, now you must be quite familiar with this Ivan Gunawan guy, a fashion designer, the one who used to have the appearance as what I wrote above (those in pink). Long to short, he’s pure queen la. Yeah, of course he’s also PLU. To prove it more, he even once (oh maybe more, I dunno), in an infotainment show, talked about how he proud to be gay, even use that T-shirt with words “I’M GAY, SO WHAT?!” imprinted on it. How could it be more obvious?

[Ivan Gunawan, the old days]

Now what I read about him is really make me startled:
He is suddenly changing his appearance into this kind of macho guy appearance. And why he is? Oh it’s because he’s in love with a girl and want to be a better guy for her. And even more startling, he is playing in this TV drama entitled “Banci Tobat” which story is about a queer who given up his queerness and become an ustadz (Moslem’s religion leader), who tries to encourage other queers to what-he-calls-it “the correct path”. In other words, turning them into straight.

OMG, I was just like standing there with a widely opened mouth in astonishment. Geezzz, is it really happened, or I’m just daydreaming? Let me get this straight, is he trying to be straight? What is he trying to reach actually? I’m wondering.

It’s not like I hate him for trying though. But believe me, it’s useless. But still, I congratulate him if he is really going to be straight. A decision is a decision, right? And it’s a tough one, of that I’m sure.

Oh, the world is upside-down. Ivan, this is what I call absolute embodiment of the word “chaos”. Haissss.

2 comments:

Kihu said...

based on his way of dressing and behaviour, I dun think he can turn straight ahaha.. He is soo queeny lar!

++ Chris ++ said...

Ya, that's what I talked about~ Geez, I wonder is it really possible for someone to change from gay to straight ya...
And even if it's possible, definitely this guy is not the one, lol.