Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Superman Returns – A Late Review

Ah, forget what I said before that I won’t blogging too much during this holiday. You know, I just can’t take it though. Haha, I’m such a blogger addict, lol. Nah, that explains why I spend this so-sunny-day-till-you-feel-so-sleepy-because-of-it on blogging.

About a week ago I saw Superman Returns wif my friends at the Bandung Indah Plaza Cineplex. And guess what, after we finished, all my friends started complaining…

“That’s one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.”

“Geez, so rugi to spent my Rp 20.000 to saw such a wreck.”

“Boring…”

“There’s no conflict in it!”

“The love between him and (Lois) Lane wasn’t pictured well.”

“It’s a kid movie.”

And they told another friends not to watch that movie because of that.

Me: ”What can you expect? It’s Superman after all. That’s what he supposed to do, to save the world with his superhero powers. The story ended happily, ever after. We have known this story ever since we were a kid. So you all can’t complain now because of that.”

Well, apparently many people expect something different from this movie than what I do. Almost all comments I heard at the exit was so heartless. I myself like this movie with all its minuses. He has been my superhero since I was a kid back then, although I wasn’t a fanatic. And how this story goes, that’s what I expected it to be. That’s Superman, you can’t change it for many reasons you say. This is my suggestions for all of you who complain:

Þ If you say it was lack of conflict: Watch Batman Begins or Spiderman instead, who can quench your thirst of self-identity conflict.

Þ Lack of tragedy: Two words for you: Brokeback Mountain.

Þ Lack of war: I think Lord of the Ring the 3rd or Underworld Evolution will suit you better.

Þ Lack of blood appearance: Geez, stupido honey, you should realize it from the beginning that this film is unlike Kill Bill or those blood-flood movies.

Þ Lack of romantic atmosphere: It is a superhero movie, not a romantic one. The romantic scenes here are used just to add spiciness in the movie. If you prefer romantic one, I recommend you to just watch Must Love Dogs or so.

Þ And the most annoying one: If you say this film is a kid movie, yes you can say that, I don’t deny it. Correct me if I’m wrong, Superman is our childhood superhero and he is still a hero now, he doesn’t change at all. All that change is the way you look at him.

Just think about it now ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»